"Termites & Pest Control"
The Brisbane climate is a perfect home for termites and white ants, so it is imperative that you have your home checked at least once every 12 months.
Termites can cause a lot of damage in a short period of time, so having your home unprotected from termites is very risky. Here are some things to look out for and put in place to keep your home termite free.
WAYS TO PREVENT TERMITES
1. Have regular pest inspections (at least once annually).
2. Do not store untreated timber (such as firewood) up against the home.
3. Replace hardwood timber garden sleepers with termite resistant materials such as treated pine or masonry.
4. Remove any timber located on the ground under the house.
5. Fix all leaking pipes or water damage around the property, as moist soil attracts termites.
6. Keep weep holes clear of any dirt, garden mulch or any other obstruction.
7. Keep your home as well maintained as possible.
And remember - if you spot anything that you think may be termites, do not try to move the mound or trail yourself as it's best to seek the expertise of a professional.
EGGS: White/light brown and translucent. Usually in a central location in the termite colony.
LARVA & NYMPHS: Resemble miniature adult termites. Nymphs can either be long or short-winged and eventually grow into either Alates (long-winged nymphs), or other types of adult termites (short-winged nymphs).
ALATEA: Winged termites that are responsible for reproduction of the colony. Alates have a small body and extremely long wings for their body size.
TERMITE WORKERS: Pale brown body, no eyes or wings and hard mouth-parts for chewing wood.
TERMITE SOLDIERS: Smaller than worker termites, and have the same pale brown body, no eyes or wings. Termite soldiers may sometimes have an enlarged head with large jaws used for defending the colony from other predatory animals such as ants.
DID YOU KNOW?
Hitman Professional Pest Control Services offer a FREE annual termite check combined with their yearly comprehensive pest control service which is valued at $250. They will treat the inside and outside of your home and warrant their work (including ants and spiders) for 12 months.
To find out more about Hitman's Professional Pest Control Services you can check out this Youtube link: